Mexico City and Teotihuacan

Hello everyone! I made it to Mexico City and have settled in to a nice clean hotel room. I have already done some sightseeing and have been very impressed by the city. Above is a picture of the pyramid of the sun at Teotihuacan. It is one of the three largest pyramids in the world. Below is a picture of the cathedral in the centro historico where I am staying. The church is HUGE! It is also sinking into the ground. I guess there is a lot of problems with this in the city due to the soft earth and the water supply being below the city.
After taking the bus out to Teotihuacan, I took the metro to the Frido Kalo Museum and the Leon Troskey museum. The museums are actually the houses in which they lived. No cameras allowed so no photos to share. I hope you are all well and I would like to inform everyone that I am traveling very safely. I stopped wearing white cuffed socks with bermuda shorts so I wouldn´t stand out. I even put away my special khaki tourist hat along with my polo shirts. No one will ever know I am a tourist as long as they don´t notice my fair hair and skin...really I blend right in.
-stace
No comments:
Post a Comment