Tepoztlan with a view

This morning I traveled to a small town called Tepoztlan. Tepoztlan seems to be a popular tourist destination for those living in nearby Mexico City. Tepoztlan is known for it´s pyramid on a hill. You can take the 45 minute hike up the rocky trail to see the view of the town from the top of this sacred pyramid which was once used by priests of some indigenous group (As you can see, I´ve been really studying the history of the town.). Naturally, I hiked up to the top of the pyramid and the view was truly amazing. 

The only downside was the fact that for the first time in three days I changed my t-shirt and it got soaking wet with sweat during the hike. So I am back to the same old t-shirt and my alternate is drying (after a good wash) in the bathroom. Besides the the pyramid, Tepoztlan also has an outdoor market and hundreds of artisan stands lining the cobblestone streets.

After my walk up the hill I strolled through the market and the stands. One salesperson tried to convince me that I could take a giant basket on the plan (The basket could easily fit your average three year old). I decided against the purchase and bought an ice cream instead. Tomorrow I am heading to another town near Mexico City called Tlaxcala. I have no idea how to get there from here. It seems the fasted option is to back to Mexico City (1 hour and 15 minutes) and catch a direct bus from there. Wish me luck.
I tried to post pictures but it just isn´t happening. I will upload them later when I get the chance.
1 comment:
just wanted to see how its SHHAAAKING in mexico, just having fun. glade to here from the source that you are well, stay safe.from the 3rd party.the second party would not belive the 3rd about the shake.
Post a Comment