We made it! July 5, 2006


Daniel and I both arrived safely in Bogota. I had a little bit of a longer trip than Daniel because I thought my flight left San Francisco at 11:30 AM but it was PM! Daniel´s cousin had already dropped me off at the airport and was long gone when I discovered this sad piece of news. So instead of taking the bus home and taking the bus back, I decided to have a nice meal at the airport and read (And visited the many fine offerings of the airport like the art and the airport museum. See picture 1). There was a quick moment where I considered meditating for 9 hours in an attempt to achieve enlightment but then I decided that there was no way I could achieve enlightment in such a short amount of time and so like millions of others that have arrived at the same conclusion, I gave up on meditation. Instead, I read The New York Times cover to cover (even the obituaries...which I really reccomend...do you know there is a sand fly in Maracco that can give you a deadly parasite for which there is no cure?). I also read a really great book that all you therapists might like. I will get the name for you. After leaving Bogota, I had an 8 hour layover in Mexico City and then I arrived in Bogota. Daniel was there (of course) and his Uncle Luis arrived a few minutes later. To cut down on traffic (See picture 3) in Bogota, you can´t drive on certain days during rush hour if your license plate ends in a certain number. This law was made in an effort to reduce traffic in the city. This is why Luis had to wait to pick us up from the airport. Cars are also prohibited from parking on the street at any time to discourage people from taking their cars to places. We then went back to "The Tias" (Daniel has three aunts (tias) that all live together in their family´s house) and settled in. And after a good nights sleep, Daniel and I are using the internet and making phone calls to set up things for our stay. I aready fumbled through a phone call with "Ernesto" from the botanical garden and have a meeting with him in the morning. Daniel is working at a clinic for women that would very much interest some of you but I won´t go into the details on the internet. I am thinking of you all and have to go now to watch the World Cup!
Stacie (Daniel says, "Hi.")
No comments:
Post a Comment