Sunday, July 02, 2006

Daniel leaves for Colombia July 1, 2006


Here is Daniel leaving for Colombia at 5:00 AM (Yes, that is the sweatshirt I slept in...)! Normally I would have been in my "non-talkative mode" at this hour but since it will be two whole days before I will see Daniel again, I managed to smile for this photo. Daniel should arrive in Bogota at 10:34 pm and will return to the Bogota Airport for me on Tuesday afternoon. Luckily none of our travels will interfere with any World Cup games. Even though we have been very busy cleaning and packing for our trip, we managed to squeeze in three games this week. I am still upset that Brazil didn't move on...it was the only team where I knew any of the players' names. Well, as requested by worried family members (You know who you are!) here is our tentative itinerary for the next few weeks:

1. We will be staying in Bogota until the end of July. Looking into my magical soccer ball, I see many World Cup games in our future. I also see many trips to the botanical garden because I hope to be volunteering there. Some man named Ernesto said he would be delighted to have me. I also hope to volunteer working with children somewhere but the details aren't worked out just yet. And Daniel will be volunteering at a preggers clinic and making a movie. I am being trained as the camera guy...and yes I will be wearing a funny hat because I always picture camera guys wearing funny hats while they are "on set."

2. At the end of July Daniel and I plan on visiting Santa Marta to do a little hiking (La Ciudad Perdida) and to lounge on the beach.

3. I will then leave Daniel in Colombia and fly to Mexico City for 7 days.

I hope you are all having a fantastic summer and keep in touch with us!

-Stacie and Daniel

No comments: