Meanwhile Stacie has been out running around Bolivia on her hiking trip, I have been at the hospital doing my weeks of in-patient medicine. Mostly the schedule for impatient medicine requires showing up at about 7 am every day. A couple of the patients I was taking care of, went into surgery and I got to follow them into it. On the 3rd of July I went into a surgery at 8 pm, and it finished at about 5 am. One surgery, 9 hours. I don't know how the surgeons do it night after night. So Wednesday (4th of July) I got to go home at about noon. Camilo (my brother)'s friend, Captain Bob (now our friend too), has a sailboat he invites us to race about once a month. He invited us to go out to watch the fireworks from the bay. So after a long nap in the afternoon, I did just that. The photos are of Diego and his girlfriend Katia, of my parents (my mom is the one with a life vest) and of Camilo, Captain Bob and Carol (Bob's wife), and the sunset over San Francisco.
This weekend I have spent the rest of my time running errands and generally catching up on regular life, after I finished internal med, yesterday at about noon. I went to Ikea and got a few unnecessary items, including a cinamon roll, of which I lost half to the ground. I made up for that by having a couple of slices of pizza my heart. Other than that, San Francisco is business as usual, with all types of stuff going on, including the baseball all-star game weekend. The photos are of the Ikea shopping carts, the traffic coming into the city, and in the park, and of the entrance of the Botanical garden.
Sunday, July 08, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
Daniel...what a great guy you are to share some reminders of SF with Stacie! Ikea carts and all :0) Sounds like you're just as busy and absorbing as much "fun" in- between as possible! Chris' brother who lives out there loves to sail too! They do it all the time. Although, he doesn't own his own boat...he has a lot of friends who let him "share". He's actually even done some races with a team of them. Anyhoo - enjoy the summer! ~ Stacey
Post a Comment